OCLC Openly Link Evaluator Firefox
June 05, 2009 v. 0.99.7
* Compatible with Firefox 3.5.
* Option to filter links not to test.
Jan 11, 2007 v. 0.99.5
* Bookmark-links evaluation added. There is a new menu item added inside
the "Tools" -> "Link Evaluator" sub-menu. When chosen, it brings up a new browser
tab that contains html page with the bookmarks list inside. Then Link
Evaluator starts to test the links as in any other page.
Dec 14, 2006 - v. 0.99.3
* code cleanup - removed commented-out and/or experimental code;
* The control panel doesn't swap focus with the main window when a test was started from the Monitor tab of the ControlPanel.
* Presentation changes: Removed the "copy to textboxes" button - the same
function is performed just by selecting a profile name;
changed the names of the red-green boxes buttons from "Apply" to "Activate" and from "Read last saved" to "Read active"; added "Help" button; ...
Dec 05, 2006 - v. 0.99.2
* The green/red-flag textbox-es appear under 1 tab-panel now.
(both sets can be seen side by side in two groupboxes)
* Removed the "Default"(-phrases) buttons from the red/green flag group-boxes
* Improved the handling of profile names within the dropdown menu.
Nov 28, 2006 - v. 0.99.1
After 2 months pause, some cosmetic work done:
* Improved the presentation of the "Profiles" box. Now all buttons are disabled at startup.
* When a profile is transferred to Green/red flag boxes the selected tab-panel changes from "Help" to "Green-flag phrases".
(Note added later: This change became obsolete with v.0.99.2 because the profiles dropdown was put inside the "Red/green-flag phrases"
Oct 10, 2006 v 0.99 beta
* reduced the number of "alert" messages
* some labels and tooltips changed
Oct 09,2006 v.0.99 alpha
* added "profiles" feature - now user can store (into the preferences system) named sets of red and green flag phrases
* major refactorization of the multithreading functions
* now the ControlPanel window is positioned relative to the main window, not to the screen ( to avoid problems in double screen settings)
Development version with profiles
Sep 06,2006 - v.0.98.1
* removed obsolete rdf file (contents.rdf) from the distribution package
* fixed a problem with framesets containing empty frames
Aug 27,2006 - v.0.98.0
* Changed the presentation of test results in the "Monitor"
the tested link is displayed at the end of each log line.
Aug 20, 2006 - v.0.97.6
* Changes in the way multiple windows are handled (hoping to
improve behavior under Mac OS).
* The approach for preventing namespace conflicts changed to "dots
* In the "Monitor" tab -- Test results now presented in a reverse order
(latest on top)
* The "reversing of links decoration" feature works even better .. ;)
* Misc.: the progress indicator text-color changed from black to blue,
the popup panel closes when the main window is closed, more user-text
strings moved to props and dtd files, small change in the links
Aug 16, 2006 - v.0.97.5
* Code cleanup and refactorization - locale properties files
* Fixed reported bug - the "halt" feature did not work in some cases
* The "reverse link decoration" feature works better
* The extension reacts faster when "stop" clicked
Aug 11, 2006 - v.0.97
*(!) Link testing inside frameset frames.
* Third option to start the extension - from the Control Panel's
* Reversing of the link's coloration and tooltip texts (for now, works
only during the test).
* Changed the presentation of the Help info - now there is only one
subtab of the Help tab. (Four in the previous version)
Aug 7, 2006 - v. 0.96.9
July 31, 2006 - v. 0.96
* Fixed issue with non-ASCII-7 red/green flag phrases.
* The incoming Content-type enforced to "text/html;charset=UTF-8"
(this has to be rethought again, having in mind that the
non-ASCII-7 issue was resolved independently)
* small changes in the UI text
* 3 new default red-flag phrases added
* internal params tuned to slightly more aggressive link testing ( the
pause between starting new link-testing threads is 250ms now -- down
when testing links to the same host the pause was set to 750 ms -- down
(it is also worth considering decreasing the timeout
interval from 15 secs to 12 or 10)
July 26, 2006 - v. 0.95
* Added progress indicator in the status bar. The test can be
stopped with a double-click on that progress indicator (it is located
down on the right side of the browser status bar).
* I have also improved the presentation of the test log that appears in
the popup window (the control panel) -- in the Results tab.
* Slight changes in the dtd files (the text).
* The menu items are now "Evaluate Links" and "Link Evaluator Control
Jun 23, 2006
The Japanese localization completed(v.0.9.0.1).
Jun 15, 2006
Version 0.9 completed.
- All of the User Interface text moved to dtd files. That
localization in other languages - Japanese localization under way.
- The presentation of the Control panel improved. If already
activated and left in background on the computer "desktop", the Control
panel comes back to focus if the user tries to reactivate it. The size
of the popup window adjusts after load. All "Help" tabs in italic now -
it makes easier to distinguish between Help and Configuration, Results
tabs. Some wording has been changed too.
Jun1 1, 2006
New name - Openly Link Evaluator
Development version 0.8.7
May 2006 - v.0.8
- Added XUL control panel.
- The Green/Red- flag phrases are "session" customizable via the
LinkVal Control panel,
or "page" customizable via specially prepared "LinkVal aware" Web
- The text of the response pages is white-space condensed before
starting the lookups for red/green- flag phrases
(the "non-break space" entity - also taken
- The links-tests session may be logged in one of the tabs of
the LinkVal Control panel.
300 lines of code; also 2 dtd files(for the en-US locale) , 1 rdf and 1
manifest file. Size of the package as an xpi file: 30kb.
April 2006 - v.075
This version has improved calcColor function and a new option
embedding red- green- flag phrases on the page. The new option assigns
red- green- phrases to links inside HTML DIV elements with class name
starting with predefined String literal - currently it is set to
March -April 2006 - development resumed
development variant- v.0.6: It only displays Red/Green Flag Phrases found in span tag, and corresponding to host or URI
development - v.0.7: Similar to 0.6 but has fewer alert messages and
has calculateColor function implemented
Nov 2005 - v.0.5
First multithreaded version (4 threads).
Development suspended at the end of the month.
Oct 2005 - v.0.01
Uses default red and green- flag phrases only.