- October 22, 2007: WorldCat Link Manager: New name, new features
- May 11, 2007: WorldCat xISBN service enhances search results
- March 19, 2007: AIRway Project brings together linking services and institutional repositories
- January 15, 2007: OCLC New Jersey Announces Link Checking Software, 1Cate Enhancements
- March 12, 2006: WorldCat to Support COinS
- January 3, 2006: Openly Informatics, OCLC join
- July 26, 2005: Openly Supports OpenURL COinS in FireFox Plugin
- June 16, 2005: Google, Talis Use 1Cate XML Web Services Interface
- January 13, 2005: R.R. Bowker Introduces Ulrich's Resource Linker™, Cost-Effective Tool for Libraries to Link All Serials in Collections
- January 11, 2005: Openly Adds OpenURL 1.0 to Google Scholar Plugin
- September 29, 2004: Openly Informatics Partners with Swets
- January 28, 2004: Openly Informatics
awarded five stars by Emerald Abstracts Computing Coolsites, Emerald's indexed reviews of the best of the Web. Only exceptional sites are included in Coolsites and are eligible to display this award.
Emerald's specialist reviewers evaluate every site on five key criteria: style, structure, ease of use, quality of information and usefulness to the practitioner. Every site receives a quality rating of between one and five stars and is categorized, with all major aspects of computer science covered.
- January 26, 2004: OpenURL 1.0 Standard Submitted to NISO Members
- October 27, 2003: Openly Informatics Partners with
- July 25, 2003: Eric Hellman has sent an open letter
to NISO members about Openly's LinkBaton patent application
- May 9, 2003: Openly announces 1Cate Support for NISO OpenURL Standard
- November 25, 2002: ISI ResearchSoft and Openly Informatics Announce Partnership
- November 21, 2001: Endeavor and Openly Informatics Form Partnership
- October 17, 2001: Openly Announces 1Cate CrossRef Module
- June 16, 2001: Openly Openly Announces 1Cate OpenURL Link Server
- October 1, 2000: Openly moves to Bloomfield, New Jersey. We've been incredibly busy (too busy
working to write press releases!) Over the summer we relocated to prime commercial office space in
Bloomfield, New Jersey. This move will allow us to serve our clients more efficiently than was possible in our old,
cramped quarters. See our new contact info.
- January 13, 2000: Openly Unveils LinkBaton
- January 7, 2000: Openly Selects Globix to Help Launch New Linking
- December 9, 1999: Openly Announces LinkBaton Service
- May 24, 1999: Openly to release eFirst XML for free licensing
- November 11, 1998: Openly has released a public draft of its
SLinkS framework for cross-publisher link exchange.
- September 1, 1998: Openly and MRS in e-journal agreement.
- June 1 1998: The formation of Openly Informatics, Inc..
OCLC New Jersey
2 Broad St.
Bloomfield NJ 07003